Sunday, September 6, 2009

Humanistic Typefaces



When I saw the typographic design for the AIGA Boston Conference postcard, I thought it was very unique. The typefaces they chose work really well to depict the history of Boston. I think the typeface is humanistic because it resembles a combination of calligraphy with the imperfections of handwriting (the rough edges of the letters). It was very creative of them to use "05" in place of the "os" in Boston. I also like the other humanistic typeface they used to type "Back to where it Began," and capitalized the "AIGA."
(Designers: Roy Burns, Clifford Stoltze)




The IBM 2000 Annual Report also used a typeface dating back to the
Renaissance. I think it was an appropriate typeface to use because IBM was going through many changes. Renaissance means rebirth, and I think that's what IBM was kind of going through.
(Designers: Scott Hickman, Michelle Platts)


Sources:

http://designarchives.aiga.org


EV

No comments:

Post a Comment